“Service with a Smile”
Dorothy Botsoe is a real estate powerhouse in Lower New York and the Broker-Owner of Dorothy Jensen Realty, Inc. She has over 25 years of Real Estate experience in Westchester County and opened her own brokerage in 1995 with diverse and demonstrated expertise in all aspects of Real Estate including sales, leasing and Real Estate Owned/Foreclosure specific work.
She is a native of Ghana, West Africa and received her BA from SUNY Purchase with a background in Business Administration. She was the first Black President of the Hudson Gateway Association of Realtors in 2017 where she implemented new programs and activities aligned with her wide and well received theme of diversity and inclusion for the realtor community. Her accomplishments and positions include honors such as the Hudson Gateway Association of Realtors Realtor of the Year (2012), the NYS Women’s Council of Realtors Member of the Year (2007), the NYS State Chapter of Women’s Council of Realtors President (2003) and NYS Graduate Realtor Institute Chapter President (2003). She has served on the board for the Women’s Council of Realtors as Governor, Treasurer and President at both the local and state level. She has served as 2nd Vice President and Director to the Westchester County Board of Realtors.
Dorothy is a foreclosure industry expert.
She is currently on the National Association of Realtors Diversity Committee and the Board of Directors as a voting member as well as a Director for NYS Association of Realtors, the National Association of Realtors and HGAR as well as the NYS Association of Realtors Chair of Fair Housing and Cultural Diversity Committee and Realtor Political Action Committee Trustee. She sits on the Hudson Gateway MLS Board of Directors and will be honored by Westchester Residential Opportunities for her tireless work in Fair Housing. Dorothy is currently a NYS certified instructor and teaches Agency, Fair Housing, Ethics, & Salespersons Licensing courses for HGAR.
Dorothy holds National Association of Realtors designations and certifications including:
- ABR – Accredited Buyer’s Representative (ABR®) Designation. The ABR® designation is the benchmark of excellence in buyer representation. … The ABR® is awarded by the Real Estate Buyer’s Agent Council (REBAC)—a subsidiary of NAR—to REALTORS® who meet the specified educational and practical experience criteria.
- AHWD – At Home With Diversity® is an educational experience that teaches how real estate professionals can increase their sensitivity and adaptability to future market trends.
- BA – Bachelor of Arts
- C2EX – Commitment to Excellence (C2EX) from the National Association of REALTORS® empowers REALTORS® to evaluate, enhance and showcase their highest levels of professionalism.
- CBR – Certified Buyer Representative
- CDEI – Certified Distance Education Instructor
- CIPS – Certified International Property Specialist
- CRB – The Certified Real Estate Brokerage Manager (CRB) designation is one of the oldest and most respected designation in the industry. Since 1968, the Real Estate Business Institute (REBI) has awarded this prestigious designation to REALTORS® who have met specific requirements and completed advanced professional training. Only 3% of REALTORS® have met the requirements which exemplify the highest level of professional achievement in real estate brokerage management.
- CRS – Certified Residential Specialist (CRS) is the highest credential awarded to residential sales agents, managers and brokers.
- e-PRO – With the e-PRO® certification, REALTORS® increase their ability to reach customers, expand their capabilities, and build trust by safeguarding client information.
- GRI – Graduate, REALTOR® Institute (GRI)
- ITI – Instructor Training Institute
- PSA – Pricing Strategy Advisor (PSA)
- RENE – The Real Estate Negotiation Expert (RENE). The RENE certification program gives REALTORS® the tips and tools they need to be skillful advocates for their clients
- SFR – SHORT SALES AND FORECLOSURES
- SRS – The Seller Representative Specialist (SRS) designation is the premier credential in seller representation. It is designed to elevate professional standards and enhance personal performance. The designation is awarded to real estate professionals who demonstrate the knowledge and skills essential for seller advocacy.
Dorothy is a pioneer in the community with the charity work she has done for Realtor Political Action Committee, Westchester Residential Opportunities and Make-a-Wish. She has been a volunteer soccer coach for White Plains Youth Soccer Association & White Plains Recreation Department as well as being a licensed US Soccer Federation Referee. She has also served her community as a volunteer Firefighter at Hartsdale Fire Department. Dorothy lives in Westchester County and has three children.
Contact us today to learn how we can help you find your dream home or sell your current one!